San Francisco Marriott Marquis
780 Mission Street
San Francisco, CA 94103
Attendees will be able to pick up their badges at the Registration and Information Desk, located at the North Registration Desk in the Lower B2 Level, during the following hours:
- Wednesday, March 15, 2017, 4:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.
- Thursday, March 16, 2017, 7:00 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
- Friday, March 17, 2017, 7:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
- Saturday, March 18, 2017, 7:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
The full text of the abstracts selected for oral and poster presentation will be available on the meeting website and all abstracts are published in a supplement of the International Journal of Radiation Oncology · Biology · Physics.
All abstracts are embargoed and remain confidential until the official start of the Symposium on Thursday, March 16, 2017, at 8:00 a.m. Pacific time. If you have any questions about the embargo policy, please contact ASTRO’s Media Relations Manager, Liz Gardner, at 703-286-1600 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Social Q and A
In every session, and in addition to floor microphones in the room, attendees can use their own electronic devices (phone, tablet, laptop) to submit questions to the speakers and moderators. Attendees will be able to see the questions that others people have asked, and can up-vote questions that they want answered.
Some speakers may also utilize the technology to poll the audience with interactive, audience response questions.
A link will be given to attendees for access the Social Q and A platform as well as any polls speakers may have. Once attendees visit the link in their browser, they will navigate to the appropriate session and, if necessary, select the appropriate speaker from the given list when asking a question.
Trainee and Early-career Networking Luncheon
This session is open to members-in-training, residents, fellows, students and early-career attendees (less than three years out of training) and will take place Friday, March 17 from 12:30 p.m. to 1:30 p.m. in Yerba Buena Salons 10-15 (Lower B2 Level). This is a complimentary ticketed event that requires a separate registration (see the Registration and Information Desk for more information).
- You will receive a printed Pocket Program when you check in on-site. While there are some blank notes pages in the Pocket Program, please remember to bring a notebook or laptop for your own personal use if you plan to take extensive notes.
- Disclosure information will be available online for committee members and faculty. In addition to being available online, disclosure slides will be shown at the beginning of each session. Disclosure information will not be printed in the Pocket Program.
- All abstracts will be published in an issue of the International Journal of Radiation Oncology • Biology • Physics (Red Journal). Full text of the abstracts is embargoed until the opening ceremony of the symposium, but will be available online for attendees to download during the symposium.
- Attendees have the opportunity to purchase the Virtual Meeting at a discounted rate prior to the symposium.
Exhibit Hall Location and Hours
The Exhibit Hall is located in Yerba Buena Salons 7 & 8 on the Lower B2 Level and will be open during the following hours:
- Thursday, March 16, 7:00 a.m. - 6:30 p.m.
- Friday, March 17, 7:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
The General Session room is located in Yerba Buena Salon 9 on the Lower B2 Level.
- Continental breakfast will be provided Thursday, Friday and Saturday in the Exhibit Hall.
- Morning coffee breaks will be provided in the Exhibit Hall on Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Afternoon coffee breaks will be provided Thursday and Friday.
- Lunch will be provided on Thursday and Friday in the Exhibit Hall.
Meeting Evaluation and Certificates of Credit
- To be eligible to receive continuing education credit, attendees must complete the online evaluation by Monday, April 17, 2017. Immediately following the meeting, personalized links will be sent to the email address on file from your registration. Please only evaluate the sessions you attended.
- CME certificates of credit are only available to participants who have completed the online evaluation tool. Participants who complete the evaluation within 30 days will have online access to their certificate 45 days post-meeting. Participants can access, print and save their certificate from the My ASTRO page of the ASTRO website. Participants who do not complete their evaluations within 30 days must contact ASTRO to receive their certificate.
- Physicist attendees will not receive a certificate of credit from ASTRO. The names of physicist attendees will be sent to CAMPEP 45 days after the meeting.
- Even if you do not require continuing education credits, we do appreciate your valuable feedback and encourage all attendees to complete the electronic meeting evaluation.
Posters will be on display for viewing on Thursday and Friday in the Exhibit Hall. Posters will be removed on Friday, March 17 after 4:30 p.m. The Poster Reception will take place Thursday, March 16 from 5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. in the Exhibit Hall (Yerba Buena Salons 7 & 8 on the Lower B2 Level).
Age Requirements for Attendees
Due to the detailed nature of the programs and forums, no one under the age of 18 will be admitted to any official symposium function. This includes, but is not limited to, all symposium sessions and the exhibits/food room.
No audio recording, video recording or flash photography is permitted at any time during the meeting.
Lost and Found
Lost and found items are available at the Registration and Information Desk at the North Registration Desk in the Lower B2 Level. Please stop by to inquire about any missing items. Items found can be brought to the Registration and Information Desk. Any unclaimed items will be turned into hotel security at the end of each day.
For questions related to housing, registration and travel, contact the Meetings Department.
For all other questions or concerns, contact Natalie Cain.