Hilton San Diego Bayfront
One Park Boulevard
San Diego, CA 92101
Attendees will be able to pick up their badges at the Registration and Information Desk during the following hours:
- Wednesday, March 13, 2019, 4:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.
- Thursday, March 14, 2019, 6:45 a.m. - 4:45 p.m.
- Friday, March 15, 2019, 6:45 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Saturday, March 16, 2019, 6:45 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
The full text of the abstracts selected for oral and poster presentation will be available on the meeting website and the online conference planner. All abstracts will be published in an issue of the International Journal of Radiation Oncology • Biology • Physics.
All abstracts are embargoed and remain confidential until the opening ceremony of the symposium, unless otherwise noted by ASTRO. If you have any questions about the embargo policy, please contact ASTRO’s media relations team.
Social Q and A
In every session, and in addition to floor microphones in the room, attendees can use their own electronic devices (phone, tablet, laptop) to submit questions to the speakers and moderators. Attendees will be able to see the questions that others people have asked, and can up-vote questions that they want answered.
Some speakers may also utilize the technology to poll the audience with interactive, audience response questions.
When you access the Social Q and A platform, navigate to the appropriate session and, if necessary, select the appropriate speaker from the given list when asking a question. There is where you will also be able to answer any polls that speakers may ask.
- You will receive a printed Pocket Program when you check in on-site. While there are some blank notes pages in the Pocket Program, please remember to bring a notebook or laptop for your own personal use if you plan to take extensive notes.
- Disclosure information will be available online for committee members and faculty. In addition to being available online, disclosure slides will be shown at the beginning of each session. Disclosure information will not be printed in the Pocket Program.
- All abstracts will be published in an issue of the International Journal of Radiation Oncology•Biology•Physics (Red Journal). Full text of the abstracts is embargoed until the opening ceremony of the symposium, and will be available online for attendees to download during the symposium.
Exhibit Hall Location and Hours
The Exhibit Hall is located in Indigo Ballroom Salons C-H at the Hilton San Diego Bayfront. The Exhibit Hall will be open during the following hours:
- Thursday, March 14, 7:00 a.m. - 4:45 p.m.
- Friday, March 15, 7:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Continental breakfast will be provided Thursday, Friday and Saturday in the Exhibit Hall.
- Morning coffee breaks will be provided in the Exhibit Hall on Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Afternoon coffee breaks will be provided Thursday and Friday.
- Lunch will be provided on Thursday and Friday in the Exhibit Hall.
Meeting Evaluation and Certificates of Credit
- To be eligible to receive continuing education credit, attendees must complete the online evaluation by April 15, 2019. To access your evaluation, log in to ASTRO Academy with your ASTRO credentials. Please only evaluate the sessions you attended.
- CME certificates of credit are only available to participants who have completed the online evaluation tool. Participants will have online access to their certificate upon completion of the evaluation. Participants can access, print and save their certificate from ASTRO Academy.
- Physicist attendees will not receive certificates of credit from ASTRO. The names of physicist attendees will be sent to CAMPEP 45 days after the meeting.
- Even if you do not require continuing education credits, we do appreciate your valuable feedback and encourage all attendees to complete the electronic meeting evaluation.
Posters will be on display for viewing on Thursday and Friday in the Exhibit Hall. Posters will be removed on Friday, March 15, in the afternoon. The Poster Reception will take place Thursday evening, March 14.
Age Requirements for Attendees
Due to the detailed nature of the programs and forums, no one under the age of 18 will be admitted to any official symposium function. This includes, but is not limited to, all symposium sessions and the exhibits/food room.
No audio recording, video recording or flash photography is permitted at any time during the meeting.
For questions related to housing, registration and travel, contact the Meetings Department.
For all other questions or concerns, contact Natalie Cain.